If you don’t have access to soap and water, hand sanitizer makes an excellent alternative. Here’s how to make your own using essential oils!
Hand washing is the gold standard when preventing the spread of infectious diseases like the coronavirus (or COVID-19). However, if you don’t have access to soap and water, hand sanitiser makes an excellent alternative.
As the current pandemic has made it pretty difficult to get your hands on hand sanitiser, we’ve started making our own. Fortunately, it’s super simple to make, plus it smells much better and is less drying than the store-bought stuff!
DIY hand sanitiser with essential oils
- Bowl and spoon
- A bottle with a pump or squeezy dispenser
- A funnel (or use a measuring cup with a spout to mix your ingredients in)
- ¾ cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99%)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (helps soothe your hands and offset the harshness of the alcohol)
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl (or a measuring cup with a spout)
- Using the spoon, mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined
- Using the funnel (or with the measuring cup), pour the mixture into the bottle and screw the top on
- Start using your new hand sanitizer and stay safe!
Join our community and be inspired! Sign up to our newsletter for weekly advice, fun facts and info to support your plant-powered journey. We’ll share special offers and our new dishes with you too.
You may enjoy: