Actress, producer, entrepreneur, and book club host Reese Witherspoon is an endless beam of energy and positivity, and we think we’ve found the source – a glowing green smoothie!
Actress, producer, entrepreneur, and book club host Reese Witherspoon is an endless beam of energy and positivity, and we think we’ve found the source – a glowing green smoothie! At 44, Witherspoon has gorgeous, youthful skin, and this glowing green smoothie is to thank – the actress has been starting her day with the nutritious concoction for eight (or nine – even she’s not 100% sure!) years.
A variation on a smoothie by celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder (and a favourite of flowing glowing-skin-haver Kerry Washington), this glowing green smoothie is packed with fruits and vegetables designed to keep you energised through till lunchtime.
Reese Witherspoon’s glowing green smoothie recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 whole banana
- 1 whole apple, core removed
- 1 whole pear, core removed
- 1 whole lemon, rind removed
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie evenly into two large glasses or mason jars and enjoy!
Other ingredients we’ve been adding to Reese’s smoothie:
We can’t get enough of Reese’s smoothie, but when we make it, we throw in a few smoothie boosters to make it more nutritionally balanced (and even tastier).
- A tablespoon of almond butter: for some heart-healthy and filling fats. Almond (or peanut) butter makes this smoothie even creamier and more satisfying.
- A scoop of plant-based protein powder: vanilla pea or brown rice protein works a treat and will help steady your blood sugar and energy levels.
- A heaped teaspoon of chia seeds: for an extra thick smoothie (chia seeds expand in liquid), and a dose of plant-based omega-3, an essential fatty acid with anti-inflammatory and skin-hydrating properties.
Join our community and be inspired! Sign up to our newsletter for weekly advice, fun facts and info to support your plant-powered journey. We’ll share special offers and our new dishes with you too.
You may enjoy: